These Terms and Conditions of booking and the cancellation and refunds policy (together, the “Conditions”) shall apply to an event organised and administered by Software Acumen Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”) and made available to the participant (“you” or “your”).
1. Upon payment of the contribution or booking fee in cleared funds, you shall be entitled to:
• Participate fully in the event programme on the day(s) you have booked for. Participation in some elements of an event programme may be subject to session capacity. Question and Answer elements may only be available during the scheduled publication period.
2. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for arranging and paying for your own expenses connected with attending an Event. This includes Wi-Fi or other internet access requirements you may have.
3. Full details of how we process the data you provide to us when registering to attend the event are in our Privacy Notice
6. We can only issue a letter of support once the ticket price has been received in cleared funds. Unfortunately this means that we can only issue letters of support for participants paying by invoice, not by credit card. If you need a letter of support then please request an invoice.
Warranties and Liability
7. Whilst we shall use reasonable skill and care with regards to organising and providing the event, we do not guarantee that you will receive any particular outcome or result in respect of your attendance at the event.
8. Under no circumstances shall our liability to you arising out of or in connection with these Conditions exceed the total amount payable by you to us in respect of the contribution or booking fee. For the avoidance of doubt, our liability to you shall not extend to any indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered or incurred by you.
9. Notwithstanding the above , we do not exclude or limit our liability for:
• personal injury (including sickness and death) to the extent that such injury results from the negligence or wilful default of us or our employees; or
• fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
• any breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
• any other liability to the extent the same cannot be excluded or limited by law.
10. We reserve the right to vary the event programme at any time.
11. Where a discounted booking fee is claimed we reserve the right to confirm eligibility.
12. We are not responsible for the views or opinions expressed by tutorial or session leaders, sponsors, or other participants.
13. If performance of our obligations as set out in these Conditions shall be delayed by a Force Majeure Event, then we shall have the right to suspend without liability further performance of our obligations until such time as the cause of delay shall no longer be present.
14. For the purposes of these Conditions, a Force Majeure Event shall mean an event beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving a parties workforce or any other party), failure of a subcontractor to perform, failure of a utility service or transport network, power failure, telecommunication failure or internet failure, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, fire, flood, storm.
Addendum and Additional Notes
Downloading or sharing of content:
Content published to the event via our virtual venue shall not be downloaded, shared or used outside of the platform unless access is provided by Software Acumen or the speaker responsible for the recording.
Registering on behalf of someone else
All registrations are considered to be by the individual being registered or with their full knowledge and consent. Please ensure, if you are registering someone else, that they have read and agree to these terms and conditions, our Code of Conduct, have expressed their compliance with any mailing list opt-ins and any other information pertinent to their registration.